Leaky faucets and pipes can cause significant damage over time, not to mention the water waste and higher water bill that go along with it. If you notice your water bill skyrocketing, there is a good chance you have a leak. Just one dripping faucet can leak over 1000 gallons of water over one billing cycle.
Here’s a short video of how to detect your leak. You may be able to fix it before you call someone like us to come out and fix it.
Besides a leaking faucet, you may have a leaking pipe which can be difficult to pinpoint exactly where the leak is located. A leaky pipe has the potential to create disastrous water damage in your home. How do you know if you have a leaking pipe? Your first clue may be your water bill increasing dramatically but here are some other ways to determine if you have a leak:
- Mold and mildew-you may notice the odor or see the signs of mold/mildew in your home, these usually appear in grey to dark grey spots. If you see or smell even the slightest hint of water damage it is imperative that you get it investigated right away as water damage and mold remediation can cost thousands.
- Paint or wallpaper separating from the wall-water disintegrates the adhesive properties of paint and wallpaper, causing them to start to peel off the wall.
- Walls that are stained or warped-dry wall will start to warp or bubble and break apart when wet.
- Flooring that is buckling, staining or cracking-if you notice your flooring start to deteriorate, this is a good indication of a leak. The quicker you notice and remedy the problem, the better. It is much easier to replace a couple of flooring tiles than the whole floor.
- Stains on ceilings and/or sagging ceiling-any dark stains on your ceiling or if your ceiling begins to sag, this indicates a leak. Staining and sagging in an area indicates that the leak is reaching that area and pooling there.
- Odor-when water accumulates in an area and gets old, it tends to give off a musty or earthy odor. If you thoroughly clean your bathroom and still notice this odor, there is a good chance you have a leak.
If you notice ANY of the above listed signs, contact us right away to assess and fix your leak. You can trust that our licensed plumbers will be able to accurately diagnosis and remedy your leak in the most efficient manner.